Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Search Volume

Hey PSP'ers

When looking through keywords, is there any detrimental effect that those labelled "Low Search Volume" have on the campaign?

Jason mentioned about the load on the Google platform but how does it affect the overall campaign?

I've heard many theories about these "low search volume" keywords but I don't know what to believe. Do we let them sit there? Do we prune them? Do they sometimes end up getting volume and clicks anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by kolonel View Post
      Hey PSP'ers

When looking through keywords, is there any detrimental effect that those labelled "Low Search Volume" have on the campaign?

Jason mentioned about the load on the Google platform but how does it affect the overall campaign?
      They say it best https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2616014

I believe they are completely inert whilst inactive.

Comment

I deleted thousands from a fairly large account that had never ever had an impression - and the weird thing is that the account started to tank shortly after this - avg cpc's started rising, cost started ballooning - really weird shit. It took 6-8 weeks of manual bid adjustments to settle things back down. So from now on when i add keywords i look out for LSV and if it get flagged i remove it straight away.

The other action is to just leave them in there - however when some idiot does an "audit" because the board would like one (as if i'm not awesome enough!) i get pulled up for having far too many keywords that have never had an impression! lol

Comment

Originally posted by bhogal.io View Post
          I deleted thousands from a fairly large account that had never ever had an impression - and the weird thing is that the account started to tank shortly after this - avg cpc's started rising, cost started ballooning - really weird shit. It took 6-8 weeks of manual bid adjustments to settle things back down. So from now on when i add keywords i look out for LSV and if it get flagged i remove it straight away.

The other action is to just leave them in there - however when some idiot does an "audit" because the board would like one (as if i'm not awesome enough!) i get pulled up for having far too many keywords that have never had an impression! lol
          I think that's a good plan. Either pause them immediately when you see them, like run a weekly or monthly check for this (or an automated rule if that's possible?) or just leave them and don't worry about it. I guess the problem with just leaving them is the account can get too cluttered.

Comment

Originally posted by bhogal.io View Post

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I think if anything, the reason for having them or not would be for pure ease of management.

Comment

Working...
            X