Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average position in Google Ads is gone

That's it. Gone.

I had been still seeing it but today it's gone.

I've got a strategy to overcome this and still manage accounts with manual bids even without average position.

We'll be doing an episode on this soon.

How are you handling the loss of average position?

I was in the habit of quoting top impr. share instead of ad position to clients before Google announced they were taking it away. I didn’t want to talk about avg. position with clients because some would fixate on it. They don’t fixate on top impr. share, maybe because it’s not as intuitive?

I will miss avg. position for me though

Comment

Austin, that's an angle I hadn't considered before, one less piece of data for clients to incorrectly get worried about and misinterpret, so that's a positive. Clients understanding and double checking absolute top and top impression shares seems much less likely, especially when the data for them doesn't load during the current day in my experience.

Here's my plan for overcoming this loss of a key data point.

Comment

I'm still seeing it on the app. Anyone else?

Comment

Nope not in the app for me.

Comment

I'm still seeing it, but pretending it's not there. I don't want to get attached if it falls off.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              I was in the habit of quoting top impr. share instead of ad position to clients before Google announced they were taking it away. I didn’t want to talk about avg. position with clients because some would fixate on it. They don’t fixate on top impr. share, maybe because it’s not as intuitive?

I will miss avg. position for me though
              I was also offering this up to clients Austin - a little ego-building for the clients, showing how they compare to their competitors, especially the big names.

Comment

heres something interesting, I track all my clients in a long datastudio report for easy viewing, all the clients I had setup prior to the avg position being taken away all still show the avg position and seem to continue to update it daily, all the new clients I add all error on that metric. I dont mind the top position %s as I can figure out how we're doing but I miss the single number to explain to a client vs multiple %s

Comment

Dcmcelligott hey that's wild that the avg. position data is still live in DataStudio. There's time for one last look

Comment

Working...
                  X